Rosy Atwal – Maple Organics
Mompreneur® Awards Spotlight
Rosy has moved across the country, bought new homes, delayed growing her family, all in an attempt to make it all ‘work’. But move after move proved less balance for her family values. With secondary infertility, IVF and spending weeks upon weeks away from her family while witnessing a futile plight for young female business leaders, she hit her breaking point.
Equipped with her MBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business and experience as a marketing and branding director for lifestyle, nutrition, and CPG corporations for two decades, she worked to develop an avenue for women like her in Maple Organics. Rosy has worked on both multi-million dollar international brands and new launches. Her experience extends from global brands like Smirnoff to homegrown giants like Nature’s Path.
Rosy’s Top Tips for Other Women Thinking of Starting a Business:
- Be on a mission – don’t just be in business.
- Raise Money.
- Share Profit.
- Treat employees like family.
- Know your values and don’t compromise on them.
- You need cash. Even if you have it, you need more.
- Go big or go home. Business is global and people want a story and a founder who cares.
- You must build a community to support your mission.
- Family always comes first.