How to Have a Nice Day
We all like surprises, and kind gestures can make all the difference in whether you or someone you know has a ‘good’ day or a ‘bad’ day. It could be an unexpected gift, or even an treat in your bag at the drive-thru window; a surprise just makes you feel better.
RevolutionHER™ Member Heba Malki is a Marketing Distributor with SendOutCards, and suggests challenging yourself on a daily basis to spring a nice surprise on someone else. If you’re not sure where to start, here are some great ways to make someone’s day:
- Let someone out in traffic during rush hour.
- Let the person behind you at the checkout stand go before you, no matter how big their order is.
- Visit a nursing home and spend time with those who have no family.
- Pay for the meal of the person behind you at lunch.
- Leave some sweet treats with inspirational messages on the break-room table at work.
- Volunteer at the local elementary school.
- Give an encouraging smile to a random stranger.
- Let someone go ahead of you in the school pick-up line, and SMILE while doing so!
- Wave at strangers that you pass on the road.
- Buy an extra box of candy at the movie theatre and offer it to the family next to you.
- Mow your neighbour’s lawn.
- Leave an encouraging note on someone’s windshield.
Being nice is pretty easy, yet we tend to let the little things put us in bitter moods. Take the phrase “Have a nice day” literally and see how great you will feel.
You never know – you could be the reason someone’s day gets turned around!
Heba Ahmed Malki is a RevolutionHER™ Member from Milton, Ontario in Canada. Both her and her husband Rachid run their home renovations company domilya GROUP together, and Heba is also a Marketing Distributor with SendOutCards.