We all like surprises, and kind gestures or random acts of kindness can make all the difference in whether you or someone you know has a ‘good’ day or a ‘bad’ day. It could be an unexpected gift, or even a treat in your bag at the drive-thru window; a surprise just makes you feel better.
Challenging yourself on a daily basis to spring a nice surprise on someone else is not only fun for the person on the receiving end, but will make you feel good to. If you’re not sure where to start, here are some great ways to make someone’s day:
- Let the person behind you at the checkout stand go before you, no matter how big their order is.
- Pay for the meal of the person behind you at lunch or in the drive-thru.
- Leave some sweet treats with inspirational messages on the break-room table at work.
- Give an encouraging smile to a random stranger.
- Wave at strangers that you pass on the road.
- Mow your neighbour’s lawn.
- Leave an encouraging note on someone’s windshield.
- Paint some rocks with bright images and/or sayings, and place them along a walking trail.
Being nice is pretty easy, yet we tend to let the little things put us in bitter moods. Take the phrase “Have a nice day” literally and see how great you will feel. You never know – you could be the reason someone else’s day gets turned around in a positive way!
Heba Ahmed Malki is a RevolutionHER™ Business Member; both her and her husband Rachid run their home renovations company domilya GROUP together, and Heba is also a Marketing Distributor with SendOutCards.