An Easy & Calming Meditation Visual
Written by Sarah Good
During these continuing stressful times, it is vital to have practices which help us calm our nervous systems. I would like to invite you to try a practice that I call “flower and candle breathing”. It is a meditation visual that can be easily shared with children, and which you can practice for any amount of time.
To do this simple practice, you will want to follow these steps:
- First, imagine that you have a flower in one hand and a small candle in the other.
- As you inhale, bring the hand with the (imagined) flower up to your nose and inhale deeply.
- As you exhale, bring the hand with the (imagined) candle up to your mouth and exhale slowly.
- Repeat these movements for several breaths while gently moving your hands.
- You can also opt to view this 3-minute video and practice along with my verbal cues.
When you experience a stressful point in your day, try to remember this meditation visual in order to help steer your nervous system on the right track.
Sarah Good is a RevolutionHER™ Business Member based out of Ottawa, Ontario. She is the Founder of Sarah Good Occupational Therapy, where she helps people living with chronic pain, women’s health issues, or mood disorders to support them in becoming more active and live their lives more fully.