Recognizing North America’s most inspiring, creative, and successful leaders, entrepreneurs, and youth from coast to coast to coast
Please be sure to read the following Contest Rules & Regulations in full, in order to ensure that you are able to qualify for entry.
The following “RevolutionHer™ Awards” contest is intended for play in all of Canada, and the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia). Participants must be at or over the age of majority in their province, territory, or state (19 in AL or NE and 18 in all other U.S. States and D.C.) of residence at time of entry (except that a parent or legal guardian may nominate and enter on behalf of their child/ward for the Community Vision Award for Youth category). ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (the “Official Contest Rules”). NO PAYMENT PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PAYMENT OR PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Entry for the “RevolutionHer™ Awards” contest (the “Contest”) runs from 3:00:00 p.m. EST Tuesday, March 8, 2022 (the “Contest Starting Date”) to 11:59:59 p.m. EST on Sunday May 29, 2022; Public Voting runs from 9:00:00 a.m. EST Monday May 30, 2022 to 11:59:59 p.m. ET on Sunday June 5, 2022; Finalists announced on or about 1:00:00 p.m. EST on Friday June 17, 2022; Winners announced during the week of September 23-24, 2022 (the “Contest Completion Date”).
HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY
2. No purchase is necessary.
(a) To be eligible for the “RevolutionHer™ Awards” in any of the 5 Award Categories* (the “Award”), the nominee must be a legal resident of Canada or one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia; from the Contest Starting Date to the Draw Date (as hereinafter defined), have reached the age of majority in their province, territory, or state (19 in AL or NE and 18 in all other U.S. States and D.C.) (except that a parent or legal guardian may nominate and enter on behalf of their child/ward for the Community Vision Award for Youth category) of entry by the Contest Starting Date and meet the following criteria:
i. Be female identifying;
ii. For entrepreneurial purposes, own and operate a business registered and/or operating in Canada or in one of the 50 United States and D.C. for 3 or more months (prior to September 1, 2021) as the founder and/or owner of the business, having developed and/or implemented the business concept and/or structure herself or with a partner(s);
iii. For entrepreneurial businesses, own or control the majority of the voting shares where applicable;
iv. For non-entrepreneurial businesses, be employed by or be a volunteer for, a North-American based organization for 2 years or more (prior to March 1, 2020);
v. Be available and able to attend the Annual RevolutionHER Summit & Awards Ceremony from September 23 – September 24, 2022 taking place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada;
vi. Be available for possible media segments (radio, television, print, photography) leading up to and including the Annual RevolutionHER Summit & Awards Ceremony, from September 23-24, 2022.
Notwithstanding the wording of the Award description, all Award categories are open to persons identifying as non-male gender.
In the case of a partnership between two or more partners, at least one of the applicants must be a founder of the business. Together, the partners must meet criteria ii. and iii. above.
In the case of a partnership between a woman and a man, the woman must meet criteria ii. and iii. above and, in the event that the partnership were to break up, would retain control of the company.
Entries must be the original work of the entrant; may not have won previous “RevolutionHer Awards”; may not have been published previously; must not infringe third-party rights, and must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent).
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, publicly perform the Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
Entry Requirements. By submitting an Entry in the Contest, you hereby warrant and represent that your entry conforms to the Entry Requirements set forth herein. All Entries must be submitted virtually online in the following file formats: digital entry. Entries must be in English, and where specified, cannot exceed more than 1,500 characters in length.
ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants.
Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
• Entry must comply with these Official Rules and any Terms of Service on the Website;
• Entry must comply with the posting requirements set forth above and as posted on the Website;
• Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
• Entry cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
• Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
• Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
• Entry cannot infringe trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
• Entry cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant (except copyrighted materials owned by Sponsor) is grounds for disqualification from the Contest;
• Entry cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
• Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
• Entry cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
*Award Categories included in “The Award” are as follows:
- REVOLUTIONHER™ TRAILBLAZER AWARD: Recognizing female-identifying and non-binary individuals who show dedication and commitment to community, and the overall betterment of people and/or planet on a local or global level. Ideal candidates are self-employed, with a majority stake in a privately owned corporation or non-profit, or equal stake within a partnership. Candidate’s company must be in operation for a minimum of 5 years, with minimum $1M gross annual revenue.
- REVOLUTIONHER™ IMPACT AWARD IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP: Recognizing female-identifying and non-binary entrepreneurs who exemplify determination and perseverance, and who have made an impact by leading and/or inspiring others on a local or global level. Candidates are an established or emerging leader in their field and/or industry, and demonstrate a passion for guiding others towards success. Ideal candidates are self-employed, with a majority stake in a privately owned corporation or non-profit, or equal stake within a partnership. Candidate’s company must be in operation for a minimum of 2 years.
- REVOLUTIONHER™ IMPACT AWARD IN LEADERSHIP: Recognizing female-identifying and non-binary leaders, employees and volunteers who exemplify determination and perseverance, and who have made an impact by leading and/or inspiring others on a local or global level. Candidates are an established or emerging leader in their field and/or industry, and demonstrate a passion for guiding others towards success. Ideal candidates will have been employed at or volunteering at any level with a North-American based company for a minimum of 2 years.
- REVOLUTIONHER™ MOMENTUM AWARD FOR SMALL BUSINESS: Recognizing female-identifying and non-binary entrepreneurs who show determination in business, with a focus on innovation and leadership in a product or service based business. Candidates may be a solopreneur, franchisor, franchisee, consultant, broker, blogger, or influencer with a company in operation for a minimum of 6 months, showing potential for growth and scale.
- REVOLUTIONHER™ COMMUNITY VISION AWARD FOR YOUTH: Recognizing female-identifying and non-binary youth between the ages of 12 – 20 years old, operating as a volunteer, philanthropist, or entrepreneur. Ideal candidates are active in their community, and are passionate about spearheading initiatives to create a better future for the next generation.
(b) Employees, immediate family members of employees and persons domiciled with employees or immediate family members of RevolutionHer Inc. (collectively, the “Sponsors”) and the Sponsors’ respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, any sponsor and any entity involved in the production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest (“Administrators”) are not eligible to participate in the Contest. You are not eligible if, at any point during this time you are (or live with) an employee, representative or agent of a Sponsor or (its/their) affiliates or licensees. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
(c) The Contest begins on the Contest Starting Date and ends on the Contest Completion Date (the “Contest Period”). To enter the Contest, entrants must complete the online nomination form available at www.revolutionher.com/awards. Specific technical details and instructions on how to complete this form and upload information can be found on this website.
(d) Contest administrator will review each entry for content, and if eligible according to criteria outlined herein, will arrange to post the entry online for review by the public on or about 9:00:00 a.m. EST on May 30, 2022. The public may view any or all of the entries, and are then invited to vote for their favourite entries. Voting by the public is limited to one vote per voter email address per nominee per day, additional votes may be disqualified. Automated votes are prohibited, and any use of automated devices may cause disqualification of votes and possibly submission.
(e) Advancing to Finals: All nominees will be given a weighted score of points, in order to advance to the ‘Finalist’ stage of the Awards. The 25 entrants (5 per Award Category) with the most number of accumulated weighted points will be named to the “Finalists” list, based on the following criteria:
- Weighted number of public votes (x 1 pt for every 10 votes, max. 500 pts/entrant)
- Impression Rating from Judges based on entry information (max. 2,000 pts/entrant) and the following judging criteria: Product/Service Innovation; Growth Potential & Scalability; Revenue; Community Impact; Inspiration to Others.
(f) Determining Winners: Finalists (or in the case of the Community Vision Award for Youth, their parent/legal guardian) will be notified in writing on or about June 16, 2022, and have approximately 4 weeks (based upon dates set forth in Finalist notification) to craft and then submit a “Finalist Essay“ OR a "Finalist Video", outlining general information, revenue or experience, growth and innovation/creativity, plans for the future, and impact personally and in the community. Finalist will be notified at the e-mail address provided by the entrants at the time of entry. If, Finalist has failed to respond to any e-mail from the Sponsors or its representatives or if, for any reason, that selected entrant will be disqualified and shall no longer have any entitlement as a Finalist and the Sponsors shall attempt to contact the entrant who received the second highest score in a particular category, which entrant shall be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. This process may continue in Sponsor’s sole discretion until a selected Finalist responds to the Sponsors within the Contact Period. The Sponsors are not obliged to attempt to contact or otherwise communicate with any Finalist, other than the original selected entrant. These essays are then submitted to our Judges Panel, where they will be carefully read and reviewed. Finalists who are entrepreneurs may be required to provide certificate documentation of General Liability Insurance for their business (minimum $2 million), retained on file to ensure that all promotional claims and product/service claims that may or may not be promoted during the contest are insured and verified. All Finalists will be scored according to a weighted list of criteria, including (where applicable per category):
Applicable to RevolutionHER™ Trailblazer Award; RevolutionHER™ Impact Award in Entrepreneurship; and RevolutionHER™ Momentum Award for Small Business:
- Product/Service Innovation: Is the product innovative and/or helpful to address the needs of the greater community? Are there key differentiators for the business which have attributed to its success?
- Growth Potential & Scalability: Does the business and/or business owner show potential for growth, whether through geographic or market expansion, product line extension, franchising, etc?
- Revenue: Does the business possess a healthy revenue stream, demonstrating that the business has moved beyond the idea stage to one able to derive revenue?
- Community Impact: Has the finalist made a meaningful and positive impact on the community through donations, leadership roles, community involvement, etc?
- Inspiration to Others: Does the finalist have an inspirational story that will inspire other moms to choose the path of entrepreneurship? Does she represent herself as a positive role model for others, including her family and peers?
Applicable to RevolutionHER™ Impact Award in Leadership; and RevolutionHER™ Community Vision Award for Youth:
- Innovation: Is the finalist innovative and/or helpful to address the needs of the greater community? Are there key differentiators for the finalist which have attributed to her success and the greater good of others?
- Community Impact: Has the finalist made a meaningful and positive impact on the community through donations, leadership roles, community involvement, etc?
- Inspiration to Others: Does the finalist have an inspirational story that will inspire others? Does she represent herself as a positive role model for others, including her family and peers?
(g) Using a predetermined scoring mechanism, the Judges will each assign a score to each of the Finalists. These scores will be totalled and the Finalist receiving the highest scores in their category for this stage of judging will be chosen as the associated RevolutionHer™ Award winners (subject to verification).
The winners of the 2022 RevolutionHer™ Awards (Trailblazer, Impact in Entrepreneurship, Impact in Leadership, and Momentum Small Business) will each receive a custom package of cash and services valued at $10,000 CAD/$8,000USD, and The winner of the 2022 RevolutionHer™ Community Vision Award for You will receive a custom package of cash and services valued at $5,000 CAD/$4,000USD. Each award prizing is designed to further support winners and recognize their achievements. There will be one (1) winner in each category.
All reference to money or cash with respect to this Contest means legal currency of Canada or the United States (as determined by the winner’s country or residence).
THE WINNER SELECTION
3. Upon selection of the winners, the Sponsors or their representatives will attempt to contact the selected entrants (or their parent/legal guardian) by e-mail periodically for a period of up to ten (10) business days following the draw date (the “Contact Period”) at the e-mail address provided by the entrants at the time of entry. If, by the end of the Contact Period, a selected entrant cannot be contacted, or has failed to respond to any e-mail from the Sponsors or its representatives or if, for any reason, the “Prizes” cannot be awarded to a selected entrant, that selected entrant will be disqualified and shall no longer have any entitlement to receive the Prizes and the Sponsors may (in their sole discretion) attempt to contact the entrant who received the second highest number of votes in a particular category, which entrant shall be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. This process may continue until a selected entrant responds to the Sponsors within the Contact Period. The Sponsors are not obliged to attempt to contact or otherwise communicate with any entrant, other than the selected entrant.
4. In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical, skill-testing question (only if a Canadian resident), to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time and must complete and return the Sponsors’ form of Contest Declaration and Release referred to in Rule 12 within three (3) days of delivery of same by the Sponsors confirming compliance with these Official Contest Rules and releasing the Sponsors and their affiliates and respective employees, directors, officers, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Contest Group”) from and against all liability in connection with the Contest and the awarding of prizes. The Sponsors reserve the right to verify the selected entrant’s compliance with these Official Contest Rules (along with requesting additional supporting documentation) before declaring such entrants to be the winners.
5. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an on-line entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address, submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Selected entrants may be requested to provide Sponsors with proof that they are the authorized account holder of an e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
6. All entries become property of the Sponsors, located at 420 Main St. E, Suite 816, Milton Ontario, CANADA upon receipt and will not be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrant(s) who will be notified by telephone, email or mail.
7. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Sponsors, or its agents or representatives, network/server equipment and related records, subject to review by the Contest judges.
8. The decisions of the Sponsors will be final and binding on all entrants. The Sponsors shall not bear any liability for:
(a) Contest entries which are lost, stolen, delayed, destroyed, or illegible, incomplete or otherwise improperly completed;
(b) The loss, theft or misuse of the prizes; or
(c) Any property damage, personal injury or misfortune in any way attributable to this contest or the prize.
9. The Prizes must be accepted as awarded. They may not be transferred or substituted for another prize (other than at the sole discretion of the Sponsors). The Sponsors reserve the right, for any reason whatsoever, in its sole and absolute discretion, to award a substitute prize of equivalent or greater value, including without limitation a cash award.
10. All decision(s) of the Contest judges, who may be employees of the Sponsors or independent contractors, are final with respect to all aspects of the Contest, including, without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries. All entries are the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned. By entering the Contest, all contestants accept, and agree to abide and be bound by, these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest judges.
11. By entering this Contest, each entrant and purported entrant absolves and releases the Contest Group from any and all demands, claims, suits or liability of any kind arising out of, or in connection with, any injury, damage or loss to person or property, or related costs or expenses, which may be suffered or incurred by such entrant or purported entrant as a result of participation, or attempted participation, in the Contest, compliance or non-compliance with these Official Contest Rules and/or acceptance and use of the Grand Prize, and each selected entrant agrees to sign the Sponsors’ form of Declaration and Release in this regard. Declaration and Release documents will be faxed (if selected entrant has a fax number) or delivered by courier to the selected entrant, and must be returned by fax (to the number indicated on the Declaration and Release form) or by return courier, to the fax number or address, as applicable, indicated by the Sponsors or their representatives, within three (3) days after delivery thereof by the Sponsors or their representatives. Once the Declaration and Release documents (including required tax documentation, if any) are completed, signed by the selected entrant and received by the Sponsors and the entrant is verified as a winner, details regarding arrangements for the Prizes will be communicated to the winners. The Contest Group: (i) shall not bear any liability arising from or in any way related to the Contest or Prizes; (ii) without limiting the generality of the foregoing, assumes no responsibility for: lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, incomplete or misdirected contest entries; any failure of the Sponsors’ website during the Contest Period; any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, facilities or computer equipment or software; any failure of (or delay in) any e-mail or other electronic transmission to be received or sent by the Sponsors or their agents on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; or any combination of the foregoing, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s, purported entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from any person’s participation or attempted participation in the Contest, including without limitation use of the Sponsor’s website or the sending or receiving of e-mails; (iii) makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Prizes, and (iv) disclaims any implied warranty.
12. The Sponsors reserve the right to change the terms of the Contest or terminate it at any time. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, fraud, technical failures or any other reason beyond its control, the Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, including selecting the winners from previously received valid entries.
13. The Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any person that it finds to be in violation of these Official Contest Rules or tampering with the Sponsors’ website or the Contest entry process. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website, obtain unauthorized access to the computer of another person or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of the law and, should such an attempt be made by any person, the Sponsors reserve the right, in addition to disqualifying any such person from the Contest, to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
14. Entrants warrant to the Sponsors and affiliates that the nomination submission does not contravene or infringe on anyone else’s copyright or any other intellectual property right.
15. By entering this Contest, all entrants consent and agree to the use of their (or their child/ward’s) name, address, likeness, photo and all other information contained in the nomination form for any advertising, publicity and marketing purposes, without notice or compensation, as well as to be contacted by the Sponsors by telephone, mail and/or email regarding this Contest and other subsequent promotions, except where prohibited by law.
16. This Contest is void where prohibited.